A Resource & Career Library is available in Cornwall and Winchester and has a wealth of information on Jobs, Careers and Education. Everyone is welcome. Why not drop in to Job Zone d’emploi and tap into helpful resources and information?
Specialized Services / Resources
- Computers - Use of computers to prepare resumes
- Print your Resume - up to 10 photocopies of your resume per day
- Fax your Resume - up to 5 faxes per day
- Computer Software programs - WordPerfect in English and French, Microsoft Word and Win Way Resume
- Resume Typing Services for Registered Clients – Resume outline forms are available and once completed, can be returned to your Employment Consultant to be typed within 5 working days.
- Career Cruising – provides various testing component as well as information on various occupations and educational institutions.
- Clerical Testing for Registered Clients – including Filing, Grammar & Spelling in English and French, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Typing.
- Internet Station – to research employment and/or educational resources
- Workshop Calendar – the schedule for workshops on Self Assessment, Resume Writing, Job Search and Interviews is displayed in the Resource & Career Library
Labour Market Information
- National, Provincial and Municipal publications
- Lists of helpful websites
- Information on other area agencies
- Employment statistics and wages
- Information from other communities such as Ottawa, Brockville and Kingston
- Student loan information
- Information on government funding, OSAP, OCAS and OUAC
- Internet access for information and applying for a job on line
- GED Testing information
- Independent learning
- Colleges and Universities - access to websites
- Schools - Directories of school boards, elementary, secondary, post secondary and private schools.
- Websites on various occupations
- Information on specific requirements and affiliated associations
- National Occupational Classifications books (English and French)
Trainers and Educators
- Information on local trainers
- Temporary Placement Agencies
- Career Colleges
- Correspondence Schools
- Canadian Armed Forces
- Programs and Funding Information
- Publications in print and websites
- Information, descriptions and requirements for various trades
- Pamphlets on specific trades
- Information on Government initiatives
- Referral to the Apprenticeship office
- Brochures on area agencies
- Information Booklets & Packages
- Volunteer opportunities on various local agencies offering services in the community.